nanog mailing list archives

Re: Definitive Guide to IPv6 adoption

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:37:15 -0500

On 10/19/2010 1:21 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
When did you ask? If it was more than 6 months ago, then, I would suggest asking again. If it was less than 6
months ago, can you send me any or all of the correspondence so I can address it with Leslie and try and
get whatever training issues remain resolved?

RegDate:        2009-01-16

Haven't read anything on changes in the announcements, except the "we're sending this to PPML (think that's right?)", but no announcement on a change of opinion/policy. I have enough mailing lists.

If ARIN is incorrectly denying requests, I'll definitely work on getting that resolved.

We'll see. I've asked for a do-over, or whatever they called it. /24 seemed a bit much, so I slimmed down to /27, thinking it more appropriate for a 5 year plan (which is what they asked).

The beauty is that we don't have to come to rural OK to compete. We can just let them use whatever stingy amount
of address space you provide to get a tunnel to us.

Sure they'll love the latency. I know I currently do with the mess that is core routing. Anyone who would actually care, probably would request a static, which we are much more lenient with IPv6 than IPv4. However, I can't issue /48 to everyone as things stand. We'll see how it goes with ARIN, now that I know I can ask again and not go through the hassle for nothing.

Jack