nanog mailing list archives

RE: IPv6 rDNS

From: "Lee Howard" <lee () asgard org>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:51:23 -0400

Since there's a thread here, I'll mention rDNS for residential users.

I'm not sure there's consensus about whether forward and reverse ought
to match (how strong a "should" is that?).  I know you can't populate
every potential record in a reverse zone, as in IPv4.  You can generate
records on the fly, or just not provide PTRs.

I've described options in draft-howard-isp-ip6rdns-04 but I'm not sure
enough people care whether it's published as an RFC.  Discuss on
IETF's dnsop list.

Lee