nanog mailing list archives

Re: Register.com DNS outages

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:01:16 -0500

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Brandon Kim
<brandon.kim () brandontek com> wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I just sent an email out to my companies staff to keep an eye on our own customers if they
are noticing any issues.

Times like this, makes you curious what kind of infrastructure register.com has? How does one protect against DDOS?

this is not rocket science....srsly...

<http://www.verizonbusiness.com/Products/security/network-based/>

as per usual, vzb's website is a poor excuse for a marketting tool (or
sales tool, or information gathering tool.. ugh) but, bullet #2 is one
option (that register.com I think actually was offered at one point in
time...)

is 3250/month cheaper than sla payouts from 3 days of running outages
each year or so?

-chris