nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 rDNS

From: Jeroen van Aart <jeroen () mompl net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:27:17 -0700

Gary E. Miller wrote:
See also sipcalc.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the various commandline tools available yet. Except the dig option to convert IPv6 rDNS. But the tool I mentioned also creates a whole zone file for you based on what you entered, which I then used to correct the zone file I created.

I found that it helped me a lot more than lots and lots of wiki and gewgle searched pages which only explained bits and pieces and failed to give proper, or even incorrect and/or dated examples. So once I found that tool it took me a few minutes to get the syntax right.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/