nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rugged wireless bridge

From: todd glassey <tglassey () earthlink net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:13:09 -0700

On 5/11/2010 6:57 AM, Truman Boyes wrote:
You can use a soekris embedded computer. (http://soekris.com/). You can put the boards into rugged cases like this:

http://socalfreenet.org/node/267

Here is the case:

http://www.yourbroadbandstore.com/product.php?pid=201838

Kind regards,
Truman

On 11/05/2010, at 9:36 AM, Andrey Khomyakov wrote:

Hi all,

I need to provide IP connectivity to an outdoor parking lot for security
devices like a camera, and emergency phone and a gate. Does anyone have any
suggestions on a wireless bridge and an outdoor rated switch if such exists?
How do people provide IP to outdoor locations like a surface parking lot?

If it is going into a FIPS compliant deployment or there is legal impact
of this system I would suggest something like the FortressTech ES520
which is approved for military rollout in battlefield applications.

These are NOT cheap but you get what you pay for in todays world hopefully.

The case the 520 is packaged in is unlike any other WAP I have worked
with and we used them quite a bit for wireless-time services.

http://www.fortresstech.com/Products/SecWiBridges.aspx

Todd Glassey

Thanks,
Andrey