nanog mailing list archives

Open Security (was Re:[a string that stops delivery here])

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:09:46 -0500

On 3/19/2010 08:44, William Pitcock wrote:
On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 08:31 -0500, John Kristoff wrote:
An ongoing area of work is to build better closed,
trusted communities without leaks.

Have you ever considered that public transparency might not be a bad
thing?  This seems to be the plight of many security people, that they
have to be 100% secretive in everything they do, which is total
bullshit.

Just saying.

It is clear that our security would be much improved if our politicians
had to operate out in the open.

--
Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on the dinner menu.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs