nanog mailing list archives

Re: Alaska IXP?

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 08:13:42 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Antonio Querubin wrote:
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Sean Donelan wrote:

Are there any common locations in Alaska where multiple local ISPs exchange traffic, either transit or peering? Or is Seattle the closest exchange point for Alaska ISPs?

peeringdb.com lists only SIX (in Seattle) and PAIX Seattle.

Thanks and also thanks to the other folks that replied privately. That matches basically what I had found, but I wanted to check.

Transit is also ok, I'm doing the usual minimum connections/maximum communications in case of (earthquake, volcano, tsunomi, etc) math. Is there someplace in Anchorage that buying transit or peering from one or a few ISPs is significant enough, or is it going back to Seattle anyway and
the local ISPs already have done the math.