nanog mailing list archives

Re: Alaska IXP?

From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr () baby-dragons com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:38:45 -0900 (AKST)

        Hello All ,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Bill Woodcock wrote:
On Mar 3, 2010, at 3:13 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:
Are there any common locations in Alaska where multiple local ISPs exchange traffic, either transit or peering?  Or is
Seattle the closest exchange point for Alaska ISPs?

PCH doesn't know of any.  If any exist, we'd very much like to hear about it.  Vancouver BC may technically be closer than
Seattle, but that's not a significant answer.

                               -Bill
Having done a little poking around on this subject for the last 1.5 Years . I have not seen a single instance of routing NOT going to Seattle from either of the Eye's based networks (ACS/GCI) to any other network based in alaska , Except through private interconnects .

        Take with grain of salt , ...

                Hth ,  JimL
--
| James   W.   Laferriere | System    Techniques | Give me VMS     |
| Network&System Engineer | 3237     Holden Road |  Give me Linux  |