nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP4 Space - the lie

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:02:43 +0000

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 02:23:59AM +0800, Owen DeLong wrote:

IVI is stateless, which means it requires 1 to 1 IPv4 to IPv6 mapping.
NAT64 allows multiplexing.

I didn't fully understand it, but, Ma Yan presented IVI with multiplexing
in a stateless environment at APNIC 29.

Owen (who is very glad these are technologies OTHER people will use)

        eat your own dog-food.. :)  the house has been running IVI
        for several years now.  everyone on hte house net is native v6 only.
        when there is a need, we pull a v4 address outo fhte DHCP pool
        and map it to the v6 address in question.  when we're done, unlink
        the binding.  from the "outside" - looks just like a nomral
        DHCP lease.

--bill