nanog mailing list archives

Re: Posting from freebie E-mail Accounts

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:50:47 -0700

On 3/30/10 10:41 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

I would much prefer if EVERYBODY used freebie email accounts as opposed
to their corporate ones, as this would make it more likely that they
would quote "correctly" and we would get less silly legal disclaimers
and out of office messages.

I don't use my work account for any mailing lists because it's totally
useless for that purpose. I also will participate in these mailing lists
regardless of my employer, thus I never understood why someone would
want to post from their corporate accounts.

That's an exact opposite of silly from the OP's request; my "corporate
account" works just fine.

~Seth