nanog mailing list archives

Re: Finding content in your job title

From: Steve Bertrand <steve () ibctech ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:11:20 -0400

On 2010.03.30 23:47, Jorge Amodio wrote:
that's right Steve, as I said before, what you do and how you do it,
and in particular what do you contribute to the networking community
will speak much better of yourself than any title you can imagine.

Do you think that folks like Tim Berners-Lee, Vint Cerf, Jon Postel,
etc, etc, need a title ?

Focus on the substance not on the appearance.

grazie, I capire.

My post was two fold... and I received a *lot* of off-list feedback that
I'll have to respond to tomorrow.

Generally, I know that a title isn't relevant, especially in the small
little area that I'm in. I was just very curious, as it came up in
discussion today.

I like to think that I do everything possible to do my part. To be
honest, I have as much or more interest in protecting other ASs than I
do our own clients (shhh ;)

Thanks very much Jorge. Although this was a fast-paced thread that was
very entertaining, you've enlightened me.

Cheers,

Steve

--
new sig