nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP convergence problem

From: "Andy B." <globichen () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:27:16 +0200

I finally decided to shut down all peerings and brought them back one by one.

Everything is stable again, but I don't like the way I had to deal
with it since it will most likely happen again when DECIX or an other
IX we're at is having issues.

I've seen a few BGP convergence discussions on NANOG, but none about
deadlock situations and what could be done to avoid them. Setting
higher MTU or bigger hold queues did not help.

- Andy