nanog mailing list archives

Re: On the control of the Internet.

From: Bruce Williams <williams.bruce () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:13:54 -0700

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Joe Greco <jgreco () ns sol net> wrote:
Generally speaking, it will be treated as damage and routed around.

That fable only really stands a chance when the damage is accidental; in
the case where such "damage" is being deliberately inflicted, particularly
by government, it gets more complicated.  A lot of the 'net is a little
more centralized than it ought to be in order to allow the "routed around"
concept to work successfully.

... JG

BTW, I forget, when was the original ARPANET spec of surviving a
nuclear war tested? I mean, we do know what would happen, right?

Yes, Joe, the ARPANET fable does lives on.

Bruce Williams