nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

From: Jorge Amodio <jmamodio () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:46:14 -0500

I'm not opposed to making operating systems and applications safer.
As I said, just as with cars, the manufacturers should be held liable
by the consumers.  However, the consumer that is operating the
car that plows a group of pedestrians is liable to the pedestrians.
The manufacturer is usually liable to the operator through subrogation.

That's why at least in the US by *regulation* you must have insurance
to be able to operate a car, instead of mitigating the safety issues
that represents a teenager texting while driving we deal with the
consequences.

Perhaps we have to call the insurance industry to come up with something.

Cheers
Jorge