nanog mailing list archives

RE: Using /31 for router links

From: Erik L <erik_list () caneris com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:33:12 -0500

As for ATM...  The part that totally baffles me about the use
of ATM on
xDSL lines is that I have never, ever, ever seen an xDSL line carrying
more than one ATM VC.  OK, there may be someone out there who
has set up
a configuration like that just for fun, but 99.999% of all ATM'd xDSL
lines out there carry a single PVC at 0*35 or 0*38.

Multi-PVC is used (in the context of xSLAM<-->CPE), for example, for delivering IPTV+DSL. 0/35 and 0/38 are just
arbitrary numbers, there are plenty of other random ones like 0/33 used by major service providers. Arguably your
"99.999%" is way off.