nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network Bandwidth Reporting Tool

From: Andy Davidson <andy () nosignal org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:23:25 +0000

On 22 Jan 2010, at 02:13, Isaac Conway wrote:

I am curious what tools you use to generate monthly usage and billing
reports

This :

I was thinking about writing some quick scripts to poll the router
interfaces and put it to database,

Mainly because organisations have different methods for managing the flow of business metrics inside the org, e.g.
crm/accounting packages/policies/products, and by writing your own glue between them you can automate the human error
prone stages like this :

a page I can pull up and gives me the numbers (95p,
cost, overage, etc.) for the past month.  Copy and paste into a
spreadsheet, job complete....

Andy