nanog mailing list archives

Re: Idiotic Newstar Networking Equipment Sales Droid

From: John Peach <john-nanog () johnpeach com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:17:06 -0500

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:10:22 -0800
"Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com> wrote:

Did anyone here get spam from this idiot?  It appears someone is
harvesting email addresses from nanog.

If you do get any contact from this company PLEASE do not do business
with them and tell them you don't buy from spammers.  The bottom line
is the only thing idiots like this understand and if we buy from
them, they'll be encouraged to spam more nanog folks.

The guy knows it's wrong as he doesn't even use his own name on the
email, so we have to deny purchasing from anyone in the company to
have an effect.

I avoid that by only accepting mail to the address I use on this list
from nanog.org. I have the reply-to header set to nanog () nanog org, so
no-one should be attempting to mail me directly.....

--
John