nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: old farts recollecting -- Re: ASR1002

From: Jim Mercer <jim () reptiles org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 03:35:34 -0500

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:30:52AM +0000, gordon b slater wrote:
On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 17:42 -0800, Bill Stewart wrote:
Could the comment actually have been about pay telephones, which were
once common in cities?

Good point Bill, which, if so, would place the comment at or about the
start of the cellfone introduction.

@Jim, maybe it's more a telco/2600 thing?

found it, actually was once in my .signature:

"The telephone, for those of you who have forgotten, was a commonly used
communications technology in the days before electronic mail.
They're still easy to find in most large cities." -- Nathaniel Borenstein

i'm guessing this is before the mobile phone explosion.

--
Jim Mercer        jim () reptiles org        +92 336 520-4504
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."