nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent Outage?

From: Raphael Maunier <rmaunier () neotelecoms com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:40:12 +0100

There is a fiber cut and it's located near Brunswick, NJ

--
Raphaƫl Maunier
NEO TELECOMS

On Jan 14, 2010, at 6:36 PM, Robert Glover wrote:

Hello,

Our 100Mb Metro-E link is up and running just fine...  We are fed out of their San Francisco, CA facility.

However, this is posted on the Cogent Status page:

** Cogent Network Status Report Last Updated Thu Jan 14 10:38:30 2010 **
*Network Status:* Warning
*DNS Servers Status:* Normal
*Dialup/IPASS Status: *Normal
*Mail Servers Status:* Normal
*Webservers Status: *Normal

*Cogent Network Status/DNS Server Status Description: * Welcome to Cogent Communications' Network Status Message.
Customers with traffic going through or on the east coast may be experiencing packet loss and higher than normal
latency due to a fiber cut in New Jersey. There is no ETR at this time. The Cogent ticket to reference for this issue
is HD2082680.

Sincerely,
Bobby Glover
Director of Information Services