nanog mailing list archives

Re: rj21/centronics cable mounting

From: William Herrin <herrin-nanog () dirtside com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:27:55 -0500

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Ingo Flaschberger <if () xip at> wrote:
I'm searching "something", to secure mount/connect a rj21 cable to a device.
I have a angled plug like this:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:RJ21-female-connector.jpg

It can only be screwed to the device at the top side, and is "loose" at the
down side.

I have seen a type of "knop" at the down side and also that a "hook-and-loop
fastener" is used over the whole plug.
(http://www.retrevo.com/r/23018bh245/18/ADSL+RJ21+Pinouts/)

Any ideas where to get this or any other ideas how to get a good connection?
(retro-fit).

You mean like this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/i/000001-100000/55001-60000/55501-56000/55735.jpg

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6080010/description.html
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6080010.pdf

I don't know where to get one after-market, no, but you could
conceivably buy some old gear and extract them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/a_W0QQitemZ380184008457QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_EN_Hubs
http://cgi.ebay.com/z_W0QQitemZ280444580224QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0

-Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004