nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

From: Eric Brunner-Williams <brunner () nic-naa net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:02:09 -0500

On 2/22/10 12:28 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

On 2010-02-22, at 10:09, Gadi Evron wrote:
It'd be an interesting twist if contracts between e-mail providers outside Israel and ISPs inside suddenly made this
requirement for e-mail address portability leak beyond Israel's borders.

Off-list I asked an equivalent transitive service provisioning question for a service not mentioned, but possibly associated with ISP provided email services. The technical issue area is IDNAbis and EAI for those interested in the specification aspect.

I've no clear answer as yet, and my interest is semi-academic.

Eric