nanog mailing list archives

Re: CYMRU Bogon Peering

From: Jack Carrozzo <jack () crepinc com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:24:43 -0500

Current list of prefixes Cymru considers bogon:

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-bn-nonagg.txt

Does that answer the question?

-Jack Carrozzo

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Mr. James W. Laferriere
<babydr () baby-dragons com> wrote:
       Hello All ,

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Bill Blackford wrote:

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Thomas Magill
<tmagill () providecommerce com

wrote:

In efforts to further protect us against threats I am considering
establishing Bogon peers to enable me to filter unallocated address
space.  I am just wondering if this is a worthwhile step to take and if
anyone has ran into any issues or points of concern that I may want to
take into account.  Thanks in advance for any input.

Thomas Magill
Network Engineer
Office: (858) 909-3777
Cell: (858) 869-9685
mailto:tmagill () providecommerce com <mailto:tmagill () providecommerce com>
provide-commerce
4840 Eastgate Mall
San Diego, CA  92121

I've been doing this for some time on two routers injecting the null
routes
into my AS. No issues. Beats the heck out of trying to use ACLs. However,
the prefix count is rapidly diminishing as more blocks are being released
by
the various RIRs hence being pulled from the bogon list.
-b

       I've a question for the CYMRU Team ,  My reasoning for posting here
is to get a much wide knowledge base .

       Does or Is the 'Bogon Peering' Product(?) ,  Only at the IANA->RIR
allocations level ?   F.E.:  IANA has allocated 1.0.0.0/8 to RIPE .

       Or

       Does the product also include the actual remaining non-allocated
space at the RIR->EU level ? (**)   F.E: RIPE has allocated 1.0.1.0/24 to
anubusstupidity, inc.

               Tia ,  JimL

ps:     I am Very well aware that (so far) there is no standard format for
returned requests from *whois daemons .
--
| James   W.   Laferriere | System    Techniques | Give me VMS     |
| Network&System Engineer | 3237     Holden Road |  Give me Linux  |