nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lightning Debates at NANOG 51

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:49:49 -0800

On Dec 7, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Tom Daly wrote:

Folks,
I've been tempted by the NANOG PC into trying to run some "Lightning Debates" at NANOG 51 in Miami. The idea, similar
to lighting talks, is a 30 minute session, covering 3 debate topics, 10 minutes each. Each person would get 5 minutes
to argue their side of the issue.

Some ideas so far:

UPS Systems: Battery vs. Flywheel

Which side will be represented by the folks from 365 Main?

Cooling: Raised floor vs. Underfloor

What about overhead (which is the usual opposite to underfloor
which is the same as raised floor in most cases)

Power: AC vs. DC

I think this is more context sensitive and that a one-size fits all argument
on either side wouldn't make much sense.

Ethernet: 40GE vs. 100GE

ROFL

Optics: XFP vs. SFP+

This is a debate topic? Really?