nanog mailing list archives

Re: .gov DNSSEC operational message - picking a fight

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 16:36:30 +0000

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 02:56:35PM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
On 28 Dec 2010, at 22:46, bmanning () vacation karoshi com wrote:

   IMHO, key management should be able to use an OOB channel
   when the in-band is corrupted or overlaoded.  Reliance on
   strictly the IB channel presumes there will be no problems
   with that channel.  EVER.   For me, I don't want to take
   that risk.  YMMV of course.

If normal DNS resolution fails to work then there's no point in getting the keys from another source since there's no
data for them to validate.

        oh resoultion works a treat.  its the validation that gets hosed. :)

--bill