nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN IP6 policy for those with legacy IP4 Space

From: Matthew Kaufman <matthew () matthew at>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:33:11 -0700

Dave Temkin wrote:
There are 117,351,239 domain names registered. If I had to guess, there are less than 1% of that total number in IP assignments (not allocations), but I don't have the patience to go compile those statistics. GoDaddy exists based on volume, which we don't have the same scale with IP assignments.

And when every entity only needs one IPv6 block and doesn't need to ever come back for more, RIR revenues will be even lower.

But that won't mean the spending stops... so I'm sure the shortfall will be made up somehow.

Matthew Kaufman