nanog mailing list archives

Re: Home CPE choice

From: Jens Link <lists () quux de>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:19:14 +0200

Charles N Wyble <charles () knownelement com> writes:

Should one get a "real" cisco router? The 877 or something?

871 works very well here. You may find on heap on eBay. But *don't* get
an 861. Last time i checked there was no IOS with IPv6 support for this
model.

My current home router is a cisco 1841. I keep my 6mbps DSL line pretty
much saturated all the time. Often times my wife will be watching Hulu
in the living room, I'll be streaming music and running torrents
(granted I have tuned my Azures client fairly well) all at the same time
and it's a good experience.

If it's working stick to it. ;-)

Jens
--
| Foelderichstr. 40   | 13595 Berlin, Germany    | +49-151-18721264     |
| http://blog.quux.de | jabber: jenslink () guug de | -------------------  |