nanog mailing list archives

Re: DHCP Use (was Re: )

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:42:31 -0500

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

Yes, running IPoETHoATMoDSL is really nice if you own the dslam yourself, then it's only a media converter. It's also nice to be able to have a very simple L3 device in the CO and do routing there, avoids all the need for secure metro ethernet and long L2 transport. very clean.

I don't do anything without consideration of the future. My own network, and even some of the local AT&T pops easily handle sliding of DSL customers to interconnected ISPs. Extremely easy with ATM, and even doable with 802.1ad for those non-atm DSLAMs (idiotic sales pitch isn't it? Of course, it has ATM!).

Jack