nanog mailing list archives

Re: DHCP Use (was Re: )

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:52:25 -0500

On 4/25/2010 18:33, Tony Hoyle wrote:

On 25/04/2010 22:06, Larry Sheldon wrote:

The whole idea that DHCP should only be used for (and is absolute proof
of the status of) despised-class customers is just nuts.

I've never seen DHCP used on residential DSL circuits.. it's all PPP (oA
mostly, and oE if you want) in this country (which the telco picks up
and sends as L2TP to the DSL provider).

I guess I should have said dhcp instead of DHCP.

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca