nanog mailing list archives

Re: legacy /8

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 00:32:28 +0000

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 09:25:08AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
IPv6 as effectively reindroduced classful addressing.

but it's not gonna be a problem this time, right?  after all,
32^h^h128^h^h^h64 bits is more than we will ever need, right?

randy

        well... looking at a diet analogy, when .gt. 50% of your
        diet is HFCS and filler, its not real healthy.  the way
        most folks are using IPv6, .gt. 50% of the bits are wasted
        as filler (got to love me some ::)

        so it seems like a lot, yet folks have already predicted the
        demise of IPv6 in the next 20years. (Klensin I think it was)

--bill