nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper firewalls - SSG or SRX

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:05:54 -0700

Much.. Go SRX over SSG every time.  For anything that doesn't have an
SRX analog, consider the J-series.

SRX/J-Series == JunOS == Good.
SSG Series == ScreenOS == @)#$*#@)$(*!)(@$!@$

Just my $0.02 having dealt extensively with both environments over the
years.

Owen

On Apr 19, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Jeffrey Negro wrote:

Has anyone on Nanog had any hands on experience with the lower end of the
new SRX series Junipers?  We're looking to purchase two new firewalls, and
I'm debating going with SSG series or to make the jump to the SRX line.  Any
input, especially about the learning curve jumping from ScreenOS to JunOS
would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Jeffrey