nanog mailing list archives

Re: Issues with Gmail

From: Martin Hannigan <martin () theicelandguy com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 10:33:37 -0400

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

<bleep> happens and services break.  the internet is a wonderful
demonstration of building a reliable network out of reliable components.

but what we have with google mail (and apps) is two scary problems

 o way too many users relying on a single point of failure.  so it
   makes the nyt when it breaks because of the number of users
   affected, and

 o too many foolish people giving their private data to a data miner to
   whom they actually yeild rights to those data and who seems to store
   them for a scary long time.

Amazing what we will pay for free service.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                               martin () theicelandguy com
p: +16178216079