nanog mailing list archives

Re: dealing with bogon spam ?

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:17:15 -0400

On Oct 28, 2009, at 2:44 AM, Leslie wrote:

Yes, unallocated (at least according to ARIN's whois db) but not unannounced - obviously our network can get to the space or else I wouldn't be having a spam problem with them! I'm actually seeing this /20 as advertised through Savvis from AS40430

It seems to me like the best solution might be a semi-hacky solution of asking arin (and other IRR's) if i can copy its DB and creating an internal peer which null routes unallocated blocks (updated nightly?)

Has anyone seen an IRR's DB's not being updated for more than 30 days after allocations? I always assumed that they are quickly updated.

Thanks again,
Leslie

You may want to take a look at what is going on in the SIDR working group if you want something similar to this.

        - Jared