nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

From: Steve Bertrand <steve () ibctech ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:33:21 -0400

Randy Bush wrote:
sure would be nice if there was a diagnosis before the lynching
If this happened in v4, would customers care 'why' it happened?
Obviously not.
Why should v6 be any different?  It either is or is not production
ready.  I'm interested in HE's view on that.

many of us are interested in diagnosis.  few in your lynch rope.

What Randy has been *hinting* at is largely relevant...

I'm a /32 holder, with clients that have /48. I would appreciate some of
the diagnostic paperwork that has been written...

Steve

ps. I'm not choosing sides in any way, nor do I want to start a flame,
but HE has been exceptionally helpful v6-wise since I got into the game.