nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 internet broken, cogent/telia/hurricane not peering

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:47:20 -0700

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

sure would be nice if there was a diagnosis before the lynching

If this happened in v4, would customers care 'why' it happened?
Obviously not.

I suspect more NAT will become a better solution than migrating to IPv6
if/when runout becomes a problem because there's just not enough
visibility or providers that take it seriously enough for IPv6 to be a
viable solution. I try to do my part but it's a horrible pain.

Why should v6 be any different?  It either is or is not production
ready.  I'm interested in HE's view on that.

As far as HE goes, they're so pro-IPv6 I would be surprised if anything
intentionally bad was going on. I wish more providers had their attitude
towards IPv6.

~Seth