nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP best practices

From: Cody Appleby <kizmet () kizmet id au>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 01:42:22 +1000

Have to agree on PowerDNS and PowerAdmin.

Very easy to setup, Pretty secure out of the box and management is a
breeze!

./cwa

On Thu, 21 May 2009 16:29:57 +0100, Ben Cooper <ben () hns net> wrote:
I've deployed PowerDNS before, along with PowerAdmin
(https://www.poweradmin.org/trac/). Very easy to set up and manage.

Ben

For system or network support, please email support () hns net

Curtis Maurand wrote:

Check out www.powerdns.com as an alternative to bind.  Its faster, more
secure, does IPV6 and easier to maintain.

Curtis

Philip Lavine wrote:
To all,

I am sure this has been asked 10 to the 1 millionth power times,
however may be the rules have changed. I am looking to set up a really
small ISP with a few /24's. I want to host DNS as well. Is there any
whitepapers/howtos/best practices on setting up multihomed BGP and DNS
with BIND so I don't blow up the Internet.

Thx

Philip