nanog mailing list archives

Re: two interfaces one subnet

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 00:12:43 -0400

On May 11, 2009, at 11:43 PM, Ben Scott wrote:
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net > wrote:

Do you even read your own posts?  Specifically:

On May 11, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Ben Scott wrote:

Either way, if
the packet *from* X was addressed *to* B but the response comes back
from *A*, then host X is going to drop the packet as
invalid/irrelevant/etc.

The receiving host X does not care (or even know) if A and B are in the same
prefix.

 Look again.  A and B are *IP addresses*, not hosts.

Sometimes people agree with me, sometimes they don't, and sometimes I agree with them. But I've yet to have someone claim to be arguing against me while proving my point.

Anyone else want to unconfused Ben?  I obviously cannot.

--
TTFN,
patrick