nanog mailing list archives

Re: Where to buy Internet IP addresses

From: Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 11:58:41 -0700

LEdouard Louis wrote:
Optimum Online business only offer 5 static IP address.

Where can I buy a block of Internet IP address for Business? How much
does it cost?

Only five? Really? Our basic residential users get 18 quintillion addresses, and business users get 65536 times that many. Tell them you need a few more. :-)

Seriously, we do indeed provide that many addresses, but that's on a new protocol being implemented to avoid the exact problem you're having.

Talk to your sales guy and see if they will assign a "/28" to you, which would give you 13 usable addresses for your hosts. If not, and you have a valid need for more space, switch ISPs.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay () impulse net