nanog mailing list archives

Re: Where to buy Internet IP addresses

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 11:35:00 -0700

LEdouard Louis wrote:
Optimum Online business only offer 5 static IP address.

Where can I buy a block of Internet IP address for Business? How much
does it cost?

Most of our devices only require an internal IP address to reach the
internet,  but we have a Juniper DX for load balancing.

We must provide Juniper DX with an internet IP address and point it to
internal IP address for customers to be able to reach it from the
internet. this is for testing and development purposes and will expect
several servers on Load-balancer. The 5 static IP addresses just won't
be enough.

Get a different ISP. You can't "buy addresses." You can apply to your
RIR for addresses, but it sounds like you wouldn't qualify if your price
range is 5 statics from your ISP. Also see huge debate on arin-ppml
about buying and selling addresses.

~Seth