nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fiber cut - response in seconds?

From: David Barak <thegameiam () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

Encryption is insufficient - if you let someone have physical access for a long enough period, they'll eventually crack
anything.  Encryption makes the period of time longer, but let them try?

As regards "roving," we are talking about Tyson's Corner here: that's pretty close (< 5km) to major offices of lots of
folks who would care deeply about such matters.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com