nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent input

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () americafree tv>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:23:47 -0400

On Jun 11, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Mike Tancsa wrote:

At 10:01 AM 6/11/2009, Andrew Mulholland wrote:

We didn't have such problems.

Had nx1Gig from them.

On the few occasions where we had some slight issues, I was happy to
be able to get through to some one useful on the phone quickly, and
not play pass the parcel with call centre operatives.

This matches our experience as well. When there are issues, they are EASY to get a hold of and the people who answer the phone clueful and dedicated to dealing with IP issues, not "can I help you with your long distance bill".... Also, they are pretty good about keeping us informed about maintenance issues. I would not use them as a sole provider (why run your own AS if you only have one transit provider?) but certainly I am happy keeping them in the mix to date.

+1 from here.

Marshall

We havent seen the same level of issues as some people in YYZ have seen, but I think that seems to be more on their 100Mb connections for some reason. On the gig service we are on, they are fairly reliable. Not quite as good as TATA/Teleglobe has been for us however.

       ---Mike