nanog mailing list archives

Re: MGE UPS Systems

From: Benjamin Billon <bbillon-nanog () splio fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:14:29 +0200

Or are you talking about Eaton's?

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/SearchResults/CT_136576

Dixon, Justin a écrit :
I'm curious if anyone might know what the future of the MGE line of
UPS
systems are. My concern is that they're dead-end since being merged
into
APC, and APC wanting to sell me APC stuff. The problem I face is that
my
facility was designed with separate equipment spaces, which is great
for
normal electrical gear that can be backed against a wall, but not so
great for a product which is designed for the "everything goes in with
your racks" mindset. Any insight would be appreciated.

~Seth

It looks like they are still available in the product selector on the
APC website.

http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=361
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=365

If you're wondering about long term someone from their sales dept. can
probably tell you if they plan to keep the product line or discontinue
it.