nanog mailing list archives

Re: MGE UPS Systems

From: Dan Armstrong <dan () beanfield com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:04:01 -0400

We have 3 big Comet systems, and we're absolutely delighted with them. Their service is the best we receive from any vendor we deal with.

On 13-Jul-09, at 3:42 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:

I'm curious if anyone might know what the future of the MGE line of UPS systems are. My concern is that they're dead-end since being merged into APC, and APC wanting to sell me APC stuff. The problem I face is that my facility was designed with separate equipment spaces, which is great for
normal electrical gear that can be backed against a wall, but not so
great for a product which is designed for the "everything goes in with
your racks" mindset. Any insight would be appreciated.

~Seth