nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Growth projections

From: Arie Vayner <arievayner () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:09:12 +0300

I would second Ivan's comment.
Unless you are a major transit operator (which beats the "small ISP"
requirement), you don't really need a full view, and can do we a limited
view with a default route.

Arie

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Ivan Pepelnjak <ip () ioshints info> wrote:

Let me be the devil's advocate: why would you need full Internet routing?
Taking reasonably sized neighborhoods of your upstreams (AS paths up to X
AS
numbers) plus a default to your best upstream might do the trick.

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/