nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are we really this helpless? (Re: isprime DOS in progress)

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:17:41 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
I respectfully disagree. Network engineers have to keep up with many
tasks and preventing DoS/DDoS should be the responsibility of
everyone. I see more folks worried about spam than they are actual
security.

Because non of us wantsto spend the next two days working on fixing mail for our organizations.

That said, when speaking of DDoS, I believe they are mostly the same bots.

And yes, while there is a lot we can do to mitigate DDoS, we are that helpless. All our strategies show as much.

        Gadi.