nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and their mail filters..

From: Tony Finch <dot () dotat at>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:31:34 +0000

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, mike wrote:

I accuse postini of having exactly this vulnerabillity - that one user
classing mail as spam automatically means it marks all other mail from that
user to everyone else.  There really outta be some transparency here so that
everyone understands the how and the why of 'spam' classification.

I like to imagine the consequences of forwarding spam complaints to my
users when I can be sure who sent the original message. That ought to
reduce the number of people who mark messages from friends / family /
colleagues as spam...

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot () dotat at>  http://dotat.at/
GERMAN BIGHT HUMBER: SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. MODERATE OR ROUGH. SQUALLY SHOWERS.