nanog mailing list archives

Re: Register.com DNS hosting issues

From: Peter Beckman <beckman () angryox com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:05:09 -0400

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Charles Wyble wrote:

This is probably a good time to remind the uninitiated to have some
secondary DNS with a totally separate company if your DNS is that
important to you.

Preferably with a provider that announces out of multiple ASN :)

AT&T and Akami both provide good distributed DNS service. I imagine there are other carriers, but I can't comment on them as I haven't used them.

 I can highly recommend DNSmadeEasy.com.  Inexpensive, Anycasted, always
 fast and reliable.  Good for primary and/or secondary, IMO, though it is
 sage advice to use two different providers if you are super ultra serious
 about never being down.

beckman () angryox com                                 http://www.angryox.com/