nanog mailing list archives

Re: Register.com DNS hosting issues

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:57:53 -0400

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 01:31:33PM -0700, Charles Wyble wrote:

Seth Mattinen wrote:
Jeffrey Negro wrote:
No ETA given to me, just the stock line of "We apologize.. blah blah...
as soon as possible.. blah blah."

This is probably a good time to remind the uninitiated to have some
secondary DNS with a totally separate company if your DNS is that
important to you.

Preferably with a provider that announces out of multiple ASN :)

AT&T and Akami both provide good distributed DNS service. I imagine
there are other carriers, but I can't comment on them as I haven't used
them.

        if you want secondary dns via ghetto cgi, you can get
it here:

        http://puck.nether.net/dns/

        - jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net