nanog mailing list archives

Re: Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests

From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer () hezmatt org>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:20:37 +1000

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 02:51:11PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:58 PM, David Hubbard wrote:
Raising the price won't help; there's already a huge amount
of wasted address space by web hosts selling IP addresses
to customers who need them solely for 'seo purposes' rather

It's a common request we see.  We refuse it, and point them to the
Google documentation that shows that unique IPs don't help or hurt their
SEO standings.

Then they come back with a request for IPs for SSL certificates, which is a
valid technical justification.  BTDT.  People will find a way to do the
stupid thing they want to do.

- Matt