nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for AT&T / Verizon / Sprint WWAN service impressions - on or off-list replies welcome

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:13:20 -0700

Charles Wyble wrote:

Crooks, Sam wrote:
I'm considering use of AT&T / Verizon / Sprint WWAN services and the
Cisco 3G router interface cards/integrated module in C880 routers for
primary or backup WAN network connectivity for routers.

I haven't used the integrated cards with cisco gear. However I do have
300+ cards deployed throughout the United States (EVDO USB modems on
Linux boxes).

I'm looking for information from users of these services on the
following:
- addressing - Do these WWAN services use dynamic, PPPoE or static IP
assignment typically? Any of the 3? All?
   - is static IP assignment available?

We have static IP assignment for our Verizon cards. Sprint cards aren't
static.

I received an offlist response indicating Sprint now offers static.

~Seth