nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nipper and Cisco configuration results

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:33:13 -0600

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 04:54:26PM -0600, Mike Lewinski wrote:

Dec 15 17:27:16 MST: %RCMD-4-RSHPORTATTEMPT: Attempted to connect to
RSHELL from a.b.c.d

Everything I've read indicates that additional specific configuration
is required to actually enable this service. Still, it's always been
one of my least favorite things about IOS. If I don't need it, it
shouldn't be on. And why doesn't "show ip sockets" list it at all?

Cisco considers this a fixed bug.  See bug id CSCeb21552 for work-around
and fixed-in versions.

Steve